Well, today should be a full day. I wasn't as productive as I intended yesterday, so I gotta pick up the slack today.
First, I need to write a paper for that psychology class. What's frustrating is this will be the only paper I ever write for a psychology class...and it just so happens that the roommate I've had for the last few years (who is a Masters Student in psychology) is out of town. So, the only time I'd ever need his help with a psychology paper is the one time he's out of town. I guess I'll have to figure out APA on my own.
I also have a paper due in my Philosophy class. That's due tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow I also have two tests. One in metalogic and the other in the regular philosophy class.
Also, today I get set apart, I got to do a few interviews, hometeaching, and the traditional block of church.
Today is going to be a really long day.
Anyway, lets see. My weekend thus far.
Friday night I finished up at school and I planned on going to the SMTP conference (Society for Mormon Thinkers and Philosophers). But, when I got home I was pretty tired so I laid down to take a nap. But, I got a phone call from a girl in my ward asking if she could come over tonight and watch a movie with me. And, since I hadn't figured out a date for this weekend that worked out perfect. So, I said she could come over and I asked her what movie she had in mind. She said she wanted to watch Australia. Now, I could probably watch that movie if I had to... Wolverine is in it, and Nicole Kidman is pleasant enough, but I had the feeling that that movie was a trap. I couldn't help but think that it was the cinematic equivalent of a harlequin novel.
I asked if she'd like to go to the international cinema instead, and then I found out my friend Chandler was also going on a pseudo date that night. So I figured we should combine forces and put all of the awkward undisclosed motives and romantic tension into the same place. So, we made it a double-awkward-pseudo date. We saw a movie called "Together." It's about a young violin prodigy. It was a pretty good movie.
Saturday I woke up early, went to campus, and studied. I stayed there for quite a while, but I wasn't studying very effectively cause I was distracted, so, I went home and ran some errands. During those errands I had Costco pizza for the first time in years (I vowed to never have it again back when I worked in a Costco pharmacy...cause I had it every day for 6 months straight).
Then last night I tried to work on a paper again, but I realized my heart wasn't in it...and then I rationalized that I could work on the paper today (not remembering how busy today would be).
So, last night I read "The Stranger" by Camus. Unfortunately, I really related with the main character in that book.
And that brings me to now. With so much to do, and only blogging to help me procrastinate.
Oh, and I almost forgot. The best part of Friday was dinner. Right after I decided to not go to SMTP and right before the girl in my ward called, I went to a buffet at the Cannon center. It was the best meal I've had in a long time. Let me share my experience.
I walk in and I am rushed through without paying (I guess it all went on my friend's tab). I walk up to the first part of the cafeteria and see all the pizza I could ever eat... I grabbed a plate. I walked a little farther and saw 4 different types of soup...I grabbed a bowl. I walked a little more and grabbed a plate of spaghetti, and a cup of juice. I realized my hands were now more than full and I was balancing all the plates...so I went back to our table and set it all down. But I wanted to explore more. I was like Augustus Gloop in Willy Wonka (not the most flattering simile) ... I was running around smiling and stuffing my face. The next section had burritos, and past them they had a huge salad bar (with all the goldfish crackers you could ever eat). Beyond that was hamburgers that they actually grilled, and next to that were little pieces of steak. I couldn't help myself and I grabbed one of everything...unfortunately, I couldn't carry it all back...so I had to eat my way back to my original table....lets call this grazing. I had to graze my way back to my original table. So, I grabbed a plate of everything till I couldn't carry anymore and I had to set it all down...I'd eat what I was carrying and free up my hands, and then go to the next section and repeat. By the time I had grazed back to where I had started I had already had about 3 dinners worth of food...and my original meal was now cold....but I had to return because people began to wonder where I was.
And I don't even feel like I tried everything. I didn't use the waffle makers, I didn't have any dessert...there is still so much more to explore.
The only downside to eating there is the age difference. I think this place was for freshmen with rich parents. I'm going to go back one more time, cause the friend that brought me says their Chicken is amazing. So, one more trip and then I'll say I've had enough. But this truly was a magical place. I weighed myself before and after (something I always do at buffets) and I was 2.5 pounds heavier on the way out.
In other news the weather has warmed up enough that I can start running again :)
Well, I'm off church. I hope every has a relaxing sabbath day. If you do, tell me what it's like.
carefree
9 years ago
1 comment:
Well, I guess we can commiserate together. I have two papers due at 8 tonight, then a hefty quiz to study for, which I'm taking tomorrow morning. Then on Monday I have to redesign my building and produce two models, an other and even heftier quiz on Wednesday and then some group homework and a structural system for my building to be designed for Thursday. Maybe after then I'll have some semblance of a break.....
Post a Comment