Monday, October 18, 2010

Blah

Hey everyone,

Sorry for being so bad about posting lately. I have been writing, I just haven't been writing here.

I was going to blog a whole lot tonight, but I got distracted by my friend Kyle's blog (The Eccentric Sage) and ended up posting a ridiculously long comment on his latest post. The topic was money. Particularly, the possibility of being corrupted by money; it's an interesting topic.

In other news I've been down a bit lately. Most of it due to memories. It was a year ago on October 1st that Garett died, and a year ago on October 10th that I attended his funeral.

October 10th last year was a bad day. I don't think I've ever been as emotionally exhausted as I was that evening.

As usual, when I'm feeling down I become detached and start thinking. So, lately I've been going on a lot of walks.

On the bright side this has helped in the life planning area.

All these walks have left me with this realization: Instructional Design seems to be the best path for me to take: I really love education, Instructional Design is very employable, and it will give me the opportunity to both write and teach.

Also, as luck would have it, BYU has one of the best programs in the country. So, if I study here I'll graduate with a PhD in 3 years in a very employable field, from a good school, and with very little debt...all good things.

I think this is a much better arrangement than going to an Ivy League law school. Not quite as prestigious, but I think overall it's a choice that will lead to greater happiness.

Besides, if I ever change my mind my LSAT will still be on file.

Anyway, that's what I've been thinking on during those long walks, that and the story I hope to someday finish.

Well, hope you all have a great day. I'm going to get some sleep.


1 comment:

Schmetterling said...

Ah, long nighttime walks. I miss those.

Anyway, I'm happy at the prospect of having you around for another three years or so (not that I see you much these days... sorry...), but how do you feel about staying in Provo that long?